Without a single morsel of doubt, I can confidently recommend the Black Shark 4 for gamers. The physical trigger buttons were a pleasant experience and the device didn’t even break a sweat on max settings on high refresh rates. The raw power of the Snapdragon 870 is strong but it definitely won’t full link beat the likes of the Snapdragon 888+.
While there are a growing amount of games and applications that support 144Hz, more graphically intensive ones still might not hit 144fps. Playing Genshin Impact, for example, with more demanding environments which had a lot going on, could easily dip the FPS to the low 40s and even 30s, with graphics set to maximum quality.
The Black Shark 4 comes with NFC (Near Field Communication) functionality. The phone comes with three microphones, two stereo speakers, and a 3.5mm headphone jack which we should definitely applaud as we were expecting Xiaomi to drop it as it is with all flagship phones. We have a fingerprint sensor installed on the power button and not under the screen even though it is an AMOLED model. We have physical buttons on both sides of the phone in order to contribute to a better gaming experience which gives a nice click feel when used.
It’s handy for notifications when your phone is face-down on a table, but it doesn’t really benefit gamers – and it’s a fairly basic iteration compared to the lighting on the Asus ROG Phone 5S and Red Magic 6S Pro. As for the 8MP ultra-wide and 5MP macro, photos taken were often lacking in detail and, oddly enough, less saturated than what the main lens produced. I will say that the ultra-wide did a decent job at preventing any lens distortion, making landscape photos appear more natural. There’s a mix of colors for the Black Shark to process and the camera does a fairly decent job at it.
- It has rounded edges and it’s nearly 10mm thick, and slapping on the included grip case makes it even thicker.
- It’s impossible for us to read and analyze every single one of these agreements.
- They both have 4500mAh batteries, as well as class-leading 120W wired charging.
- JOYUI 12.5 all the best features of MIUI 12.5 such as an app drawer, extensive theming options, customizable Always-On Display, floating windows, and privacy features that give you more control.
- To celebrate the launch, Black Shark is offering $30 off the purchase price of $479 at AliExpress – use coupon code 30BSSELL.
There’s no wireless charging support, but there is 120W fast wired charging with the included adapter – a frankly astonishing rate than can juice up your phone to full from zero in as little as 15 minutes. When you can charge up a phone that quickly, the battery life isn’t quite so important. Just about anything looks great on the display of the Black Shark 4 Pro, including photos, websites, movies, and of course games (that 144Hz refresh rate really helps games fly by with very little motion blur).