Dozens Arrested in NYC as Pro-Abortion Protesters Swarm the Streets

At least 25 people were arrested in New York City on Friday night, as thousands of activists swarmed the streets of Manhattan to protest the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade.

The mass demonstration reportedly began in Washington Park and then made its way through Grand Central Station, Times Square and Bryant Park. One police officer present at the protest estimated there were around 17,000 people in the crowd.

Activists targeted a number of landmarks related to conservative organizations. One protester broke a window and poured an unknown liquid on the floor at the Women’s National Republican Club. Another spray painted “F–k Fox” on the side of the News Corp building home to Fox News.

Protesters were also seen blocking traffic throughout the city, including a group who sat cross-legged in the middle of a crosswalk before being detained by police, and another group who blocked an M7 bus heading for Harlem.

One woman speaking in front of a stage told the crowd that “the Supreme Court needs to be abolished,” and advocated for a “summer of rage.”

Similar protests have taken place in major cities across the United States, as pro-abortion activists respond to Friday’s reversal of Roe v. Wade. The wave of mass demonstrations comes as the Department of Homeland Security warns Americans that pro-abortion extremist violence could last “for weeks.”

In Arizona, a protest outside the state’s Senate building Friday eventually escalated into a hostage situation, according to one lawmaker present at the time. “Protesters threatened to break the AZ Senate entryway glass” while senators were voting on a series of bills, said State Senator Wendy Rogers. Police officers eventually had to break up the demonstration with tear gas.

On Saturday night, protesters marched through the streets of Portland, breaking windows and vandalizing businesses. A flyer advertising the demonstration told protesters to “Wear Black,” and stated that “If Abortions Aren’t Safe Then You aren’t Either.”

Portland police say protesters broke windows and left graffiti on multiple businesses in the city. Officials also noted that while police were present during the demonstration, they “did not have sufficient resources to intervene in the moment.”