BLM Protesters Receive No Jail Time For Burning Wendy’s

There is now more evidence of the two-tiered system of justice at work in Joe Biden’s America. Two confessed arsonists charged with burning down an Atlanta Wendy’s restaurant as part of a Black Lives Matter protest will pay only a $500 fine and avoid jail altogether.

The plea deals concerned violent acts committed as part of BLM riots in 2020. Chisom Kingston and Natalie White were charged with conspiracy to commit arson in the first degree and two counts of first-degree arson.

What they received as punishment was too light to be considered a slap on the wrist.

Through their plea deals, each were sentenced to five years probation, a $500 fine and 150 hours of community service. The obvious comparison is with the Jan. 6 demonstrators at the U.S. Capitol.

People who committed no violent acts — some of whom never even entered the building — are now sentenced to several years behind bars. The weaponized federal government attempted to crush dissent by brutally punishing those who did little more than peacefully demonstrate.

But for those who committed acts of left-wing terrorism throughout the violent summer of 2020, they are allowed to remain free.

The excuse for the burning of the restaurant was the death of 27-year-old Rayshard Brooks in a police-involved shooting in June of 2020. The suspect was accused of punching an officer, David Brosnan, hard enough to reportedly cause a concussion. He then allegedly stole the officer’s taser.

He was under investigation for a DUI in the Wendy’s parking lot.

Video evidence showed Brooks aimed the taser at Brosnan. This prompted another officer, Garrett Rolfe, to fatally shoot him.

Two days after the deadly encounter, a large crowd gathered at the restaurant just off the Downtown Connector. Just after 9:30 p.m., flames were spotted coming from the Wendy’s building, which was closed for business.

The ensuing police investigation determined that the fire was started at multiple locations using several incendiary devices. It was estimated there were at least 10 attempts to start the blaze.

Video evidence showed a woman with a jacket wrapped around her waist appearing to ignite an aerosol can as others smashed store windows. That woman was identified as Natalie White, though she apparently did not start the fire that destroyed the location.

The three arson suspects were arrested days later, and at least 36 were taken into custody that evening.